Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Fruity crispy crumble

I absolutely hate throwing out food so when I found myself with an overstocked fruit bowl I thought a crumble was in order.
My freezer is my best friend and there's always a bag if mixed frozen fruit and a couple of punnets of blueberries.
When baking for Alison I'm trying to stay away from refined sugar and using honeys instead. To give the fruit some sweetness here I use Agave syrup which is quite sweet so doesn't need very much.


2 apples
2 plums
Handful of mixed frozen berries
Handful of frozen blueberries
1teaspoon agave syrup
2 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon lemon juice

In a saucepan cook all of the ingredients slowly until soft stirring occasionally. 


Place in a pie dish of your choice depending on how deep or shallow you want your crumble.

Crumble topping

100g self raising flour
100g oat flakes
50g unsalted butter
Pinch of cinnamon
1 teaspoon agave syrup

Rub the butter into the flour and cinnamon till resembling fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the oat flakes and syrup.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

Sprinkle on top of the fruit and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes. Serve with yoghurt, custard and for the lucky ones vanilla ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment