Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Chicken and butterbean one pot warmer


It's hard to cook for just one and a half people each week. I usually ended up throwing away half a fridge of gone off veg each week. So because my freezer is my best friend I buy veg like peppers, aubergines, courgettes, mushrooms, celery and spinach one week and make and freeze the likes of minestrone soup, veg curry and this chicken one pot.

Chicken and butterbean one pot

2 sticks of celery
1/2 onion
1 clove garlic
2 breasts of chicken roasted and sliced
1/2 courgette diced
1/2 aubergine diced
Handful if mushrooms diced 
1/2 red pepper diced
1/2 yellow pepper diced
500mls chicken stock 

Slice and dice the vegetables as small or as large as you like. Younger babies will probably find it easier to eat if the pieces are smaller. Gently soften the veg in a pan with a little unsalted butter and oil. I give a twist of pepper at this stage too.

I always have some cooked lentils in a little chicken stock in my freezer so I added in 3 portions at this stage.

I then tipped in the cooked, sliced chicken, the chicken stock and the tin of drained butterbeans. Allow to heat through gently and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment