Saturday, April 12, 2014

Banana and apple bread

I wanted to make these into muffins but I actually couldn't find my muffin tray but it worked nicely in a loaf tin actually. 
Rye flour is lower in gluten.
I love this vanilla bean paste found in all good supermarkets. It's a little more expensive but you only need a little.

Banana and apple bread
Makes 12 muffins or 1 loaf cake

1 cup rye flour
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 tsp bread soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
3 ripe bananas
1 stewed apple or Apple sauce
1/2 cup sultanas
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
1/3 cup tasteless oil

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.

Sift together the flours, soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, vanilla paste and oil. For a little sweetness I added 1 dessertpoon of agave syrup ( or honey).

With your hands squish tighter the banana and stewed apples. Mix all the wet ingredients into the dry and spoon into lined muffin tins. 
I sprinkled some toasted pumpkin seeds on top but you could use nuts or rolled oats.

Bake for 40 mins. 



No comments:

Post a Comment